Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mom has been wanting to "go home" for months, and now she has. I'm more tired than anything else right now. I have grieved for the past week because I knew it was coming. Now we can both rest.

Pennagal



Obituary

Frances ---------, 86, died yesterday at her home in Salisbury from complications of Alzheimer’s.

------------- was born near Snow Hill in 1921 and was the daughter of Samuel --------- and Daisey ----------. Her husband Vaughn --------- died in 1971.

Surviving are her daughter, Ann ------, a nephew, Edward -------., both of Salisbury, and honorary daughter, Mary -------- of Williamstown, PA. She also leaves a brother, Samuel -----------, of Salisbury, and a nephew, Kenneth ------- of Brick, NJ, six grandnieces and three grandnephews and two great-grandnieces and several cousins. Her brother, Edward --------, and her nephew, Samuel -------, preceded her in death.

When she was active, she volunteered many hours to church and charity work. For several years, she co-wrote a cooking column with her daughter in Rural Living Magazine. She made a home for both her parents in their final years. Many Salisbury residents will remember waving to her while she worked in her Newtown garden.

A celebration of her life will be held on Saturday, May 24 at ---------- in Salisbury at 3 p.m. Friends may call an hour before the service.

3 comments:

Origins-USA said...

Rest in peace...both you and your mother. You need a rest from the emotional and physical exhaustion of it all.

Mom is eating all cake for breakfast she wants and deserves now!

Daryl Royal said...

Yes, you can both now rest, and you both deserve that rest. I'm glad that your mom is where she wanted to be, but sorry for your loss. Take care, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. :( I wish I could be there for you, but I'm a phone call away if you need me. Please call if you need anything.

Kelly (in Baltimore)