Thursday, May 15, 2008

Keeping vigil

Today, Mom doesn't want to drink anything. I'm doing what I can to maker her comfortable and she is sleeping peacefully most of the time. I think she hates to have her diaper changed. I have to turn her over on her side, first right then left, to get the diaper in place. I'd like for her to lay on her side for a while to give the bed sore she has developed some air but she is miserable for the short time it takes me to change her so that's out. I apply ointment to guard against diaper rash and plenty of Gold Bond powder and tuck her in again.

I don't think it will be long now.

I am having difficulty to focus on even the simplest tasks. When I try to talk with someone, I start to cry. About the only thing I can do is to write. And I am too tired to do much of that now.

I've got to write Mom's obituary. She told me a long time ago what photo to use. Funny how you think of these things. So I called about that today and found out what is involved. I'm trying to find mindless things to keep me busy, I guess. It's not working too well.

No comments: